Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Summary & Reading Strategies

Continuing from my previous summary Charlie is still writing his letters to this stranger. For the next day, Charlie's advanced english class is assigned "To kill a Mocking Bird" in which later is Charlie's favorite book. Charlie then sees his brother in on T.V playing for a school, and doesn't say in which position or school he plays for. After his english teacher Bill hands Charlie another book since he saw Charlie enjoy it so much Charlie then met Patrick. Patrick is Charlie's closest friends and probably his only friend. Charlie describes Patrick a very happy and kind person. After Charlie finished his book "To kill a Mocking Bird" he did an essay in which he got a C. Although I didn't expect that it really did happen. Charlie then went to his first football game since Michaels death. He only went to see the people there. He wasn't really interested in the game. He sees his friend Patrick, where Patrick then introduces Sam to Charlie. Charlie instantly felt this connection with her and thought she was very beautiful.
A reading strategy that I use often in to reread a couple pages back before I start to read again where I left off. I like using this strategy because it helps me remember and refresh my memory about the story. Because I forget everything, I use this strategy so that I can always be in touch of what they are talking about or what is going on. Using this strategy really help me understand books more because before I used this strategy, I would be too lazy to reread the book and be completely lost in the book that I would have no idea of what they were really talking about. It wasn't until I reread a couple parts of the book that I realized that it really is worth it to reread a couple pages back just to remember better and get the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment